4.9 / 5
Kelly Cowdrey (healthgrades)
I have went to Dr. Watson for at least four years. I had a herniated disc and could hardly walk, stand or sit for very long. He used his expertise in giving me an epidural injection in my lower back to allow me to be able to heal and go back to all of my duties. Since then I have had at least 2 more. He is a very caring physician that want wants to see his patients back to their normal lives. I have complete confidence in his abilities. He does a fantastic job!
5.0 / 5
Barbara King (Feedback)
Dr. Watson has helped me very much over the years. He's the best doctor for pain control and does an excellent job. Very caring and always shakes your hand. His is also a good listener.
5.0 / 5
Isaac Hedden (vitals)
Dr. Waston took care of my back problem when no one else could do anything for me. I like his bedside manner. He talks openly and to the point. My family like him and how he has treated me. He genuinely seems to care about my problems and takes the time to explain and make me feel more comfortable about the situation.
5.0 / 5
John Watson, MD
"My clinical focus is on the evaluation and management of non-operative musculoskeletal disorders, particularly spinal pain and sports injuries. I have expertise in using both fluoroscopy and ultrasound for interventional procedures like spinal and joint injections. I also utilize EMGs to assist in properly diagnosing peripheral nerve injuries."
- Graduated from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine,
- Internship, Michigan State University, Kalamazoo Center for
Medical Studies, Kalamazoo, Michigan
- Residency, Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation, University of
Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver, Colorado
- Fellowship, Interventional Spine & Sports Medicine,
Washington University School of Medicine, Department of
Orthopedic Surgery, St. Louis, Missouri
- Board Certified, American Board of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
- Board Certified, American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine (ABEM)
- Board Certified Sports Medicine (ABPMR)
- Fellow, American Association of Neuromuscular and
- Fellow, American Academy of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medicine (ABPMR)
- Member, Sangamon County Medical Society
- Member, Illinois State Medical Society
- Member: North America Spine Society (NASS)
- Member: American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Pioneer Member, American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS)
- Clinical Outpatient Professor, Department of Family and Community Medicine, Southern Illinois School of Medicine