4.8 / 5
Dr. R is an intelligent, competent, patient, and above all ACCESSIBLE provider who isn't happy until you have complete comfort in the knowledge of your procedure.
5.0 / 5
Donna Quesal (Google)
Dr. Romanelli replaced my hip joint and even with an unexpected break thrown in the mix, he was wonderful. He listened to my thoughts and explained the surgical process to me clearly. My questions were respected and answered. Although he does many surgeries each week he remained interested in my individual situation and was not dismissive. I appreciate that he was kind, personable, efficient and always professional. My leg healed quickly and with minimal discomfort (that may be an individual response) and the joint works naturally. I can (and have) recommend Dr. Romanelli. He sincerely wants his patients to do well with minimal discomfort and recovery time, and it shows in his exceptional skills as a surgeon and attention during follow up visits. I am very thankful that that he did my joint replacement!
5.0 / 5
Ronald Romanelli, MD
"Although trained in general orthopedics, my current areas of interests and expertise include shoulder, hip, and knee problems. I perform the latest cutting edge arthroscopic surgery techniques on the shoulder and knee. I have been trained early and have been an advocate for minimally invasive surgical techniques, including reconstructive and minimally invasive partial and total joint procedures. My goal is to deliver excellent surgical and treatment to my patients and restore them to a pain-free and active lifestyle."
- Graduated from Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois
- Internship, Memorial Medical Center and St. John's Hospital, Springfield, Illinois
- Residency, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine affiliated hospitals and the Rancho Los Amigos Hospitals, Downey, California
- Fellowship in Trauma - A/O International Fellowship Lorenz, Bohler, Vienna, Austria
- Fellowship in Reconstructive Surgery, Orthopaedic Clinic of Kantonsspital, St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Clinical Assistant Professor, Southern Illinois University School of Medicine, Springfield, Illinois
- President, Orthopedic Center of Illinois
- Certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Recertified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery, 1999; 2009
- Fellow, American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- A/O International Trauma Fellow
- Member, Illinois Orthopaedic Society
- Member, Illinois State Medical Society
- Member, Sangamon County Medical Society
Dr. Romanellis is a member of the American Association of Hip and Knee Surgeons.