Minimally Invasive Procedures
Minimally Invasive Procedures to Get You Back To Work or Life
Imagine having back, hand, shoulder, foot, ankle, hip or knee surgery and being back on your feet in hours, not days. Imagine having a small scope inserted into your joint to examine the area for mini-surgery. Imagine not having to have certain muscles or tendons cut to access the area to perform the surgery. And imagine having a better outcome than traditional surgery.
Those are the key benefits of the minimally invasive solutions and interventional pain medicine offered by the Board Certified specialists at the Orthopedic Center of Illinois, who are committed to providing the most innovative, cutting edge and highest quality orthopedic services.
Minimally Invasive Procedures vs. Traditional Approaches
For just about every part of your body that needs healing, the Orthopedic Center of Illinois offers arthroscopic and other minimally invasive procedures, including interventional pain medicine. These include:
- Partial and total joint replacements for the hip, knee, shoulder, hand, wrist, elbow and ankle: OCI’s orthopedic surgeons have performed thousands of successful minimally invasive procedures for joint replacement surgery at the Joint Replacement Center of OCI.
- Arthroscopic procedures: An arthroscopy is a term from two Greek words: “arthro” meaning joint and “skopein”, meaning to examine. OCI frequently performs arthroscopic surgical procedures on six joints: the ankle, elbow, hip, knee (with ACL reconstruction), shoulder (for rotator cuff tears) and wrist. For either procedure, the patient can typically return home the same day and back to work sooner than from traditional surgery.
- Spinal surgery and therapy: The Spine Center of Illinois performs spinal surgery using an endoscope, which is inserted through half-inch incisions. Our highly experienced spinal specialists are expertly trained in the latest minimally invasive surgery techniques for a variety of conditions, including replacements or fusions for herniated discs, sciatica, whiplash, nerve root pain, as well as interventional pain medicine for a variety of conditions, from herniated discs and sciatica to whiplash, nerve root pain and osteoarthritis.
- Hand and shoulder surgery and therapy: Our Hand and Shoulder at OCI team specializes in minimally invasive total joint replacements of fingers, elbows, wrists, and shoulders. We also provide a comprehensive range of diagnosis and interventional pain medicine for bones, joints, tendons and nerves, including repetitive use conditions (carpal tunnel syndrome), sports-related problems and traumatic injuries.
- Fractures and injuries: For all types of athletic and non-athletic injuries, such as broken bones or accidents, the compassionate super specialists at The Fracture & Injury Center at OCI strive to provide a superior level of quality medical services with minimally invasive treatments or surgery, if required, as well as interventional pain medicine.